Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, March 30, 2012

morning clouds

This was the view yesterday morning as I went for my walk.  I am back walking my 15-20 minutes in the morning, even with my sore knee.  I just kind of drag it along with me...I'm taking a liquid glucosomine (sp?) supplement and it seems to be helping. It's not as terribly sore as it was and once I get walking, the joint seems to move a lot smoother.  Anyway, aren't the clouds gorgeous?  I never know what I'll see in the mornings during my walk.  One morning I ran into a group of 6 ravens who showed off their aerial skills for me.  Another morning, I saw a group of 6 huge jackrabbits!  They nearly scared the breath out of me!  But yesterday, it was quiet around the desert.  I only saw 2 ravens and a couple of cottontails.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What a gift to have so many wonderful wildlife experiences to enjoy on a daily walk. Sometimes it's noisy and chaotic and others times blissful and serene.
I'm sorry you're dealing with such a painful knee and it's weakness dragging you down. You probably already know about using a knee brace, but if not, I recommend the one that I have made by Professional Choice. Without it, after my ACL surgery, my knee felt like it belonged to someone else and was weak and made me unbalanced.

Sure hope you feel better soon and your knee becomes stronger.

~Lisa