Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Entry gate, Palm Desert~Whimsical Windows, Delightful Doors~030512

I was driving around town this morning trying to get some framed photos for another challenge and I came upon this entry gate.  I love to see how various people have designed their front yards.  We currently have an old wooden board fence in the front, which will probably blow over in the next wind storm, so I'm out looking at other landscapes.  I like this one.  It's very clean and I love the two bougenvillas on either side of it.  WWDD for March 5, 2012. To visit WWDD, please follow this link:   http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Lesley said...

The framing around the door is also nice. But how can you go wrong with bougainvilleas?

toby said...

Oh, I like that one too! The stonework is really pretty, and I like that the gate handle is a little higher than standard - that makes you look twice :)
Thanks for joining along with us again this week!

Willow said...

Any gate framed in bouggainvilleas looks gorgeous, this one especially. And the bouggies are so strong they will hold up anything. I wonder if you could plant bouggainvillea on either side of your wood gate and attach them together--then the gate would never blow over :)

Lori Skoog said...

A beautiful entry gate and I love your header shot.