Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Hello girls!

What a difference a day makes!  Saturday was warm and just a bit breezy when I went up to visit the horses. The girls, Scout and Cali, were waiting in their corral.  They have a Peruvian Paso mare next to them and she and Scout frequently "talk" over the corral fence.  Scout is quite attached to her.  Yesterday was cold and very windy, so I stayed home and did laundry and cleaned the kitchen. It's my first day of spring break. All of the horses are fine and they are all shedding!

1 comment:

cheyenne jones said...

Yep! I think nearly all are! Each time I go to feed or touch them, I come away looking like a "Hairy Bear"!