Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The best laid plans of mice and MEN!!!!!

You know, I work hard ALL week!  Most afternoons, I come home, take an hour's nap, then struggle to stay awake until 9:00 p.m....And, for the last several weeks, it HAS been a struggle.  I don't know if it is the time change or what, but I've been exhausted every day!  I haven't had the energy to get up to the horses mid-week yet and, with the time change, I'd really LOVE to do that.  But, I'm finding that once I get home and sit down, that's IT!  So, I only have the weekends to go visit them and work them (if it isn't too cold or windy or muddy!)  I'm also finding that sometimes I'm just too tired on Saturday to drive (and battle) the mountain road.  Sometimes I'll just look up at it and think, "I really don't have the energy to drive that road!".  I guess I'm getting old.  So, tonight, when hubby asked me if I wanted to come by the hotel where he works and take photos of a celebrity golf tournament on Sunday, I thought, "Are you KIDDING me?"  Why would I want to take photos of a bunch of people playing golf?  First of all, I'm not the least interested in golf.  Second, weekends are...HORSE TIME.  I figured he knew that by now....(apparently not...)  I mumbled something to him about "horse time" and went back to my laptop...Also, I just had an appointment with my dermatologist and he burnt a BUNCH of pre-skin-cancerous rough spots off my face and arms and back and the LAST thing I need right now is to be stuck out in the sun taking photos.  At least up at the ranch, I can wear my long-sleeved denim shirt and put on a hat and the horses don't care!  So, now I'm in the position of telling him, "Er, uh, no thanks!" and possibly hurting his feelings.  Of course, HE will be there taking pictures, but that's HIS work and part of HIS job...Do any of you have family members who insist on infringing on YOUR horse time?  Do they just NOT get it?  Do they cause you to bite your nails, like mine does?

No comments: