Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday's lunch

I had a furlough day today (no pay...), so I stayed home and continued my cleaning.  I dropped off 6 bags of clothes to Goodwill, cleaned behind our portable island in the kitchen, swept off the side porch, put birdseed out for the doves and finches out front and back, did 4 loads of laundry, and TRIED to take a nap.  Unfortunately, between two phone calls, I only slept for 20 minutes, but it was the kind of refreshing sleep that feels like 2 hours!  I also went to the grocery store, which is something I don't normally do.  Hubby likes to do the grocery shopping on his way home, but really...does he know what kind of laundry detergent to buy?  (...nope...)  I was so hungry for a stir fry that I bought bok choy, broccoli, red peppers, and mushrooms and made a yummy stir fry, with Basmanti rice.  I figured I better get some GOOD, nutritious food in me since I return to school tomorrow!  No more junk food like pizza!  I didn't have time today to get up to the horses, but it's a short week for me, so I'll get up there next weekend.  Sometimes there are just too many things to do at home, like today :-(

No comments: