Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Why do the weekends go by so quickly?

Another weekend is GONE and, once again, I have accomplished nothing.  I did drive up Saturday to check on the horses, but the owners were out for a ride, so I didn't take any of mine out.  It was HOT in the desert and even hot up in the mountains by the time I got up there, about 10:30 a.m.  Everybody is fine.  Quad was taking a siesta when I pulled in and could barely find the energy to lift his head!  I notice that he's now adopted the Paso creed of taking a morning and afternoon siesta.  Actually, I'm glad to see that.  It means he has finally relaxed and is comfortable, instead of cribbing all the time.  He seems to enjoy his little Paso neighbor, a filly.  Actually, about 4 of the horses in his row were taking morning siestas when I arrived!  That's Quad and his neighbor taking their nap!  He did get up when I stopped the car.  I mean, after all, FOOD might be coming!

No comments: