Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, January 21, 2008

stomach flu! UGH!


Well, I've had that horrible stomach flu for 10 days now. UGH! It is NO FUN! I am FINALLY starting to feel normal again, back in the land of the living! I spent so many days just in bed and not leaving the house. Just this weekend (January 19 and 20) we went up to see our horses. I didn't do ANYTHING Saturday, I was just too fatigued. Sunday, however, I was able to take Sunni down to the arena and let him run and buck and jump and fart! He enjoyed his outing. I worked him a little bit (whoa, walk, trot, back) and moved his hindquarters. Art brought Gigondas down and let her run around with Sunni. When I took Sunni out and we left her in the arena, she SCREAMED and had a snit fit! It was good to be among the horses again. They always lift my spirits. They are such amazing animals!

No comments: