Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Gigondas



Gigondas and the love of her life, my hubby! The two of them really hit it off. She is learning and relearning. She came off a feedlot. It appeared that she had been worked some. She tries to please and do things right. She had NOT been ridden, however. Our trainer, Angi, saddled her several times. Finally, she just exploded when saddled (nobody was on her, thank goodness!) I'm not sure if I have a photo of that session. If I do, I'll add it later. She was very fearful when we first got her and we are taking our time training (retraining) her. She is very smart, but DOES have some issues. She still doesn't like her head touched or her rear end.

No comments: