Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Earl and Art and Scout






One day my aunt and uncle drove up from Rancho Bernardo for a visit. My uncle LOVED the horses! He used to have his own back on the farm in Wisconsin. His daughter, my other cousin, Cindy, had her own quarter horse while in high school. ANYWAY, these are just some photos of Earl, Dad, and Scout. Notice that we can now halter Scout? THAT took some time! Scout is a natural herd leader (even as a yearling). We had to finally separate Scout and Gigondas to give them both a rest! Scout is still very wary of humans, although I always try to pet her while she's eating and I can now just go up to her and halter her, too! She always comes up to me now and sniffs me and will stand for me to play the "friendly game". I try to scratch her all over. She still doesn't like her back legs touched, so I'll continue to work on that area, but I can pretty much now scratch her all over. She can be a handful!

No comments: