Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cali and the tumbleweed



One day I took Cali out of the corral, gave her a nice bath. DUH! Of course, once in the arena, she promptly ROLLED in the dirt! There was a tumbleweed there. At first she ignored it, but she finally wandered over next to it... dum, de dum, dum..."I'm ignoring you!". Ahhhh....But she couldn't RESIST THE TEMPTATION! She took a bite out of it, then another, and another. Yum, yum! That brought back OLD MEMORIES! (Remember, they were from Wyoming). Pretty soon, she was having a feast! I kid you not. She ATE a bunch of it! Oh, well. So much for the vitamins and supplements! Just throw her a tumbleweed!

No comments: