Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Beauty finally ridden! November 2007



Yes, FINALLY it happened! For all of you asking and wondering, "When is she ever gonna RIDE one of those horses?" it FINALLY happened on November 6, 2007. Here is Beauty, at Valerie's place in Bermuda Dunes! I know, I know. She already yelled at me about the tennis shoes! A week later I walked into Angel View and there were not just one, but TWO pair of cowboy riding boots for $9.99 each, so I bought BOTH of them! I have since found two more pair on Ebay that I bought. Now I hate to be without them! They are so comfortable! All the teachers at school think I'm NUTS, except for Cesar. THANK YOU CESAR! He and I wear our cowboy boots every Friday. Another teacher wants to join in the fun! See what we started? Anyway, I thought I better post these since NOBODY believes I actually got up on Beauty and rode her. Valerie wants me down to her place at LEAST once or twice a week, but she got bit by a poisonous spider and she hasn't been able to work with Beauty for about a month. GET BETTER, VALERIE! I need to start riding Beauty again, but she bucked the last time Valerie rode her, so she's getting a few "reminders" about manners before anyone rides her again!

No comments: