Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gigo and Dad (again) November 2007





I know, I know! Dad and Gigo (again)! What can I say? They love each other so much! He actually will say, "You know, we NEED to go see the horses!" Okay. I'm game! Here they are enjoying a nice November day. We are reminded that she is a thoroughbred when we turn her loose in the arena. Boy, can that mare RUN! Phew! She'll run around for a while, but when she's ready to go back to her pen, she'll come quietly up to either one of us and stand and let out a breath of air! She's so funny! We both dearly love her! Thoroughbreds are special. I shudder when I think of her on that awful feedlot, alone, unloved, up in Washington.

No comments: