Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apples at Oak Glen





































We decided to visit Oak Glen on Sunday. Apple season has officially begun in our nearby mountains and we wanted to visit the orchards and buy fresh apple cider and I wanted a bushel of apples (seconds) for the horses. Our Washington horses, Beauty and Gigondas LOVE apples! Here are some pics from our visit to Oak Glen! Yes, that's Jennifer, our daughter, walking right in front of me when I shot the pic of the tractor taking people for a ride! HOW RUDE! Yup, there she is AGAIN, talking on her cell phone! I mean, REALLY! They were also selling roasted corn on the cob for $2.50 a cob! And, people were gobbling it up! Amazing! It was a fun day, even with the crowds. We brought home 2 apple pies which quickly disappeared!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You have some wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that old carriage looks lovely... I'd love to have a really done up one and some gorgeous Friesian or something to go in harness ;)