Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Palomino Valley stud colt




Well, gosh darn! After 4 days of teaching, I've already got a head cold and sore throat! I'm drinking LOTS of liquids and drinking Miso soup, so I'm hoping that by tomorrow I'll be better and able to drive up to the horses. I've NEVER started a school year and been sick after only 4 days! Especially since I'm on my raw foods diet! The teacher across from me is also sick already. Summer cold? When it is 118 outside today? I'm MISERABLE!
Anyway, this gorgeous young stud colt is at the Palomino Valley BLM. He was captured in July 2008 from the North Stillwater, NV area. He is number 2478 and he is a weanling. Only 3 days left for their online adoption. You can see this fella and other mustangs at https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/onlinegallery.php

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. It seems like so many teachers get sick at the beginning of the year. This is the first year that I haven't come down with a cold, well at least not yet.
Hang in there

nikki said...

Are you going to try and adopt this colt?! I have his photo on my blog as well. I love his blaze it looks like a hand puppet. I found a little bay filly at the same facility that I would LOVE to adopt! I can't stop thinking of her but I don't have room for another one and the ones I have keep me pretty busy so... hopefully someone else will place a bid on her so I don't have to wish I could! :)

I hope that you feel better soon!

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, no! I already have 5 horses, 3 of which are in training. I just thought I'd post some pics and maybe someone will see them and want to adopt the mustangs!

Cheryl Ann said...

Isn't he handsome? I love how alert he is!