Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

mustang adoption Litchfield, CA #0280 black gelding


I haven't been up to see my horses ALL WEEK and I miss them, so I have no new pics to post! Between after-school meetings and 3 visits this week to my chiropractor, I just haven't had the time or energy to do anything! Apparently I have sprained my "gluteus maximus" muscle, which runs ....yes...from my BUTT all the way down my leg to my toes. I've had major cramping ever since going on a ride with my friend, Barbara. My legs started cramping up and I had difficulty getting off her horse and my legs were numb! So, after putting up with the pain for over 5 weeks, I finally decided to get professional help. I LOVE my chiropractor, but, I'm still in pain! Guess it is old age!??? Some days I can barely walk and other days, while it hurts, I can walk without a limp....go figure!!! Sooooooooooooooo, I decided to post some pics of the mustangs currently available through the BLM online auction. I'll try to post as many as I can (there are only 5 days of bidding left). This cutie is at the Litchfield, CA BLM office. He is a 5 year old black gelding, untrained. He is #0280. I hope he finds a good home!

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

This guy is tempting. I love a black horse, and I really admire Mustangs.