Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gigo saddled 092609











Okay, then. So when my cousin said, "Let's saddle Gigondas. I think she's ready to be saddle broke!" I nearly fainted! No, really! But, I calmly replied, "Okay, let's do it," remembering that the last time she was saddled, she reared up and nearly flipped over! These were Friday's results. No fear. No trembling. Calm. Secure. Trusting. No problem! I'm so proud of Gigo!

3 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm proud of her too. That looks like a nice, lightweight saddle to get her accustomed to.

Mrs. Mom said...

Look at that!!! YAY Big Girl!!! What fantastic progress she has made. You must be proud enough to bust with watching this sweet mare come along. She is looking great too- nice and fit!!

Cant wait to hear when you can swing up and get your first ride on her !!!!!!!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

That absolutely ROCKS!!! How wonderful, good on all of you.