Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gigondas~flying tail


Gigondas will have another lesson with cousin Valerie tomorrow afternoon. She is coming along so well that I am constantly amazed by her! Hubby took this photo of her running in the arena. Can you see her tail up in the air? Isn't she goofy? It is good to see her finally relax around humans. For a while she was constantly tense and her eyes were worried. She would flinch every time we touched her, especially on her back and her "off" side. Now, she is confident and relaxed and I can brush her all over. She will just stand next to me without a lead rope and let me brush her. She actually sighs! What a difference!

2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

She sure looks like she is having lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome photo!