Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's HOT here!!!

It was 85 degrees here in the desert yesterday.  And, it will be 86 here today.  We are already having some desert shrubs and perennials, like this one, bloom.  The freeways are lined by yellow bushes which are blooming.  The grapes are leafing out in the vineyards.Robins are plentiful, as well as cedar waxwings.  I spotted two yellow flowers blooming up on Highway 74, the road through our local mountains.  Aaahhhhh.....SPRING!  I ordered 1/4 pound of sunflower seeds, black-eyed Susan seeds, and zinnia seeds from American Meadows and I'm going to plant them this weekend.

3 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Well its not that hot here!! maybe
10 deg C, but with luck?????

Christine said...

Love the picture!

It sounds glorious :) I love the expectancy of spring!

We've just come into autumn here and I'm already daydreaming about all the bulbs that will soon be peaking through the soil surface :)

Sage said...

We were at 65 today. I like spring but hate for it to get so hot so quickly. The pond is nice but wish that golf courses would let people have a time when they could walk on them. Oh, and do you know what that pretty pink flower is?