Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cactus blossoms and sky~SkyWatch Friday~032913

I stopped by my favorite walking place one afternoon this week.  Honestly, the trip to Joshua Tree last Friday with my class of 24 3rd graders WORE ME OUT!  I'm still sore all over!  And, I've noticed that I've slept a lot this week, while on my spring break.  Well, I guess I needed the rest!  It's a LONG 8 weeks until our next holiday, Memorial Day!  Anyway, I found this yucca which was blooming.  It actually had 3 separate flowers blooming on it!  SkyWatch Friday for March 29, 2013...still no granddaughter :-(   To visit SWF, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Lea said...

Especially beautiful against the background of grey sky!
Have a blessed week-end!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Arija said...

A great head of blooms. Enjoy your leisure while you may.

Steffi said...

Wonderful photo for SWF!Happy Easter to you!

Jidhu Jose said...

nice
happy Skywatch Friday

Liz said...

Beautiful! Happy sky watching.

My sky.