Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Joshua Tree field trip and spring break




We have a field trip scheduled for Joshua Tree national park with another third grade class and a fifth grade class tomorrow.  We'll hike the 1 mile Barker Dam loop and stop to look at the petroglyphs.  Don't worry...I'm taking a jacket, a large hat, and extra water!  My daughter suggested I also take plenty of excedrin!  HA~  I do have 6 parents coming along, so my 28 kids will be split into groups of 5 and I'll be taking my "problem children" with me...oh, joy!  Should be an interesting day!  Our spring break starts the next day, so I'm sure I'll be wiped out by then!  Here are some pics from the last time hubby and I drove through Joshua Tree.  I don't think I'll take my Canon with me, but I may take my old Nikon, which is a lot lighter.  I don't want to miss any photos of scrub jays, like this fellow, who was there at the parking lot last time.  I love the jumbo rocks there, too!

No comments: