Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring at the ranch, almond blossoms~Our World Tuesday~031213


Spring has sprung up at the horse ranch and last weekend, I saw this almond tree's blossoms.  I decided to take a closer look.  You can see a bee in the bottom one and there were a LOT of bees in it!  I remember last year's crop...the entire crop was lost in a couple of windy days.  I sure hope that doesn't happen this year!  Also, one of the almond trees doesn't have any blossoms at all, so that just leaves 3.  And, the other two have pink blossoms.  They will bloom about 2 weeks from now, so I'll have more pics!  Our World Tuesday for March 12, 2013.  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Dana said...

I've never seen almond blossoms before. They're gorgeous!

Have a happy Tuesday. ☺

NatureStop said...

Beautiful almond blooms...really feels like spring is in the air.Here in Muscat(Oman) we can already feel the heat of summer:(
Have a great day!

Shantana

Pearl said...

gorgeous. I can see why Van Gogh was entranced by almond blossoms.

TheChieftess said...

Beautiful blossoms!!! We've still got snow...

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful!

amanda said...

I've never seen almond blossoms, either - they're beautiful! I want so badly to smell them. :)
We are buried in a winter wonderland yet in northern Minnesota..

Beppan said...

So beautiful flowers. Wish this trees could grow in northern Scandinavia too...