Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ocotillo and rainbow~SkyWatch Friday~040811


I had to return some books to the library yesterday afternoon and it was clouding up. In fact, I hit some sprinkles and the streets were wet. After I got done checking out my books, I walked out to my car and saw a rainbow off in the distance. I grabbed my camera and took this photo. In just a few minutes, it was gone. Poof! SkyWatch Friday for April 8, 2011. To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Ocotillo and a rainbow--what a perfectly colorful combination!

STORYTELLER

The sky, whether deep blue or grey,
Has stories to tell every day;
So if the day’s clear,
Be sure to draw near—
The heavens know just what to say!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Climbing Skyward

jo©o said...

So difficult, 'catching' a rainbow.
You did well there.

Naturegirl said...

I have just returned from the desert and saw these Ocotillo blooms color the desert terrain..they are quite amazing how they sprout leaves and lose them depending on how much water they get. Spring is the best time to be in the desert!

Bill S. said...

Lovely picture. I have not seen a rainbow yet this year. Still getting snow - four inches this morning. Happy Spring.