Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My red beauty

Gigo's mane (or part of it, anyway). If you enlarge it, it looks like flames. I'm pleased that she even let me get close enough to take this photo. She's come a long way. What do I do with her now? She's so explosive, I'm hesitant to have anybody try to ride her. On the other hand, if she knows what is expected of her, she'll do her best to comply. Any ideas, suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can suggest is to find someone really, really good, that you trust, and who is low-key and confident and who is used to working with horses like her - not easy, but possible.

Linda said...

Pretty mane. Good luck with her--and I agree with Kate's suggestion. A good trainer will make sure it's safe each step of the way.