Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Long 4 days ahead...


It's going to be a LONG next 4 days. First, state testing has arrived and I'll be testing my class for the next 3 days. Fortunately, Friday is only 1/2 day and there's no testing that day, then I have my spring break! :-) BUT, this is a very stressful time of year for both me and the kids. It always seems that no matter how well prepared I THINK they are, there's always a couple of curve balls thrown at them during testing. Thus, the stress adds up. I didn't make it up to the horse ranch last weekend either. Saturday it was raining and the owners were at a parade in Burbank. Sunday, we had family stuff to do. I'll be too darn tired from testing to even THINK about driving up the mountain. But, the weekend is just around the corner! :-) And, JUST in time! So, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to blog for the next few days, but I'll be around! Wish us all luck, okay? Photo of Scout.

2 comments:

Heritage Farm Village said...

good luck cheryl! sorry you are stressed but i do hope you recover soon. love scout! jill

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I feel your pain!