Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

fly spray and a preview of summer







Hehehehehe! I tried to trick the horses by bringing fly spray in a plastic bag last Saturday. Last time I brought a plastic bag, there were carrots inside! Was this more carrots? Obviously NOT! I couldn't fool them...nope! But, they were curious about the fly spray and I was able to spray them all, even the mustangs! Tis the season! We've had 100 degree weather in the desert for the last 3 days and even in the upper 80's in the mountains! Today, the cooldown begins, and we'll have more seasonable temperatures. NOBODY liked the 100 degree days we had. Too hot, too early, too soon! A preview of summer, I guess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily, we don't have too many flies yet - I'm not looking forward to that!

arlene said...

My horses hate fly spray. Wildairo won't let me near him with it. We get fly's here that get in their ears and suck blood. They really bother the horses and the cattle.