Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Farmer's Market and summer weather

















It was a warm weekend both here in the desert and up in the mountains. Today it is supposed to get to 101 degrees in the desert (my first day back at work!) and up into the 80's in the mountains. I hope the horses will be okay as last week it was in the 60's and cloudy. I stopped at the local swap meet/farmer's market on Saturday to browse. The produce was beautiful. California, because of its climate, produces crops year-round and the Coachella Valley is the second largest growing area in the state. The fields around my school are filled with all kinds of wonderful things to eat, although now that it is getting hot, the farmers will switch over to warm-season crops like melons, zucchini, and corn. If you want to read about other Farmer's Markets, please visit: http://toeverymeal.blogspot.com/2009/04/farmers-market-report-april-20th.html




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your new header photo - they really look like they're having fun! No farmers' markets for us yet :(

Kerry said...

Hi, this post would be perfect for the "Farmer's Market Report". I hope you'll consider submitting it!

http://toeverymeal.blogspot.com/2009/04/farmers-market-report-april-20th.html

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

We are getting the heat wave too, I always worry about the horses when the weather fluctuates so dramatically.

DesertHen said...

Great new header photo!

All of those peppers....now I want salsa!