Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another bag!





























I'm trying to get my horses used to plastic bags, so on Saturday I brought another bag, but one that wasn't filled with carrots! (hehehehe!) Instead, it had a bottle of apple cider vinegar. I was sure they were going to remember the bag of carrots and indeed, they were quite curious with this bag. But...WHERE WERE THE CARROTS? They have to be in there somewhere! Carrots? Carrots?

3 comments:

Katharine Swan said...

Horses tend to be curious about it until the bag becomes an extension of your hand. When you get to that point, try feeding them a few baby carrots from the bag -- i.e., wear the bag like a glove and feed the carrot from it. At any rate, it worked for Panama.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Why do you DORs torture us horses so?????

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Clever idea! I enjoyed the curious horse face photos, too. :)

~Lisa