Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Too much fun!


















































Our horses love to have fun! Scout and Cali always have fun in the arena, but one day I gave them a jolly ball. They played with it for about 30 minutes. Notice the last pic of Cali. BIG YAWN! This music goes perfectly with these pics! Horses having fun!





5 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. The more pictures I see of Gigondas, especially of her moving, the more she reminds me of Panikanic (Panik)...I wonder if there is a chance they are related, they did come from the same place?
You always get such good action shots.

Cheryl Ann said...

Cactus Jack, Gigondas was Merryana on the CBER feedlot in September, 06. There were 11 other big, red thoroughbreds at or about that same time on the feedlot. Spirrah and Speckles were also there and we are convinced that Gigondas IS related to one of them (they are both renamed now and I can't remember WHO was What!)...I have TRIED to track down Gigo's history, with no luck. As near as I can tell, she is perhaps one of a group of thoroughbreds who came off a farm, went to another farm, then went to auction. She is now a loving member of our family and I dearly love her! It's funny how thoroughbreds "grow" on you. My great-uncle used to train them when I was young and I vowed that somebody I would help rescue as many as I can. I contribute to TB Friends and actually visited Joe this previous summer. My class, through a recycling program, donated $280.00 cash to him and wrote him letters. We should talk about our horses. Can you email me?

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

They look like they've got the FITS. That's what we call it when the energy level gets so high amongst a group of animals that they just start ripping around too fast for their own good.

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun! Horses at play - what a a great photo op.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Amazing photos!
I love seeing happy horses feeling so frisky.

You seem to know just how to capture them to portray that so well.

~Lisa