Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Goodbye summer, hello autumn!




According to our local news stations, this weekend promises to be a "clothes changin'" weekend! No more triple digit temperatures during the day, at least for the next week. That means daytime temperatures will be down in the 80's and nighttime temps down into the 60's. WOW! What a change from 100 during the day and 80 at NIGHT! AND...our mountains may get rain! I'm going to go out this afternoon after school, rake the dirt in front of my fence by the street, and throw out my California poppy seeds and African daisy seeds and cross my fingers that we get a couple of sprinkles! That first autumn rain always sprouts them and I love to see daisies and poppies in the spring. These are not my photos...I haven't grown these for a few years, but I already have the seeds to plant this afternoon.

No comments: