Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Guess who's coming to dinner!













We like to get together with our grown kids at least once a week and make sure they ALL have a good, decent meal! It is hard right now on all of them between school and job schedules to get together with us. We always buy lots of food and everyone takes home leftovers! We visited the mountain swap meet today and bought 6 artichokes for $1.50 each and cooked them for dinner, along with portabella mushrooms and chicken, steak, and sausage. Our cat, Loki, decided to help me set the table! BAD CAT! He's always sticking his nose into whatever I'm doing outside. I decorated the front patio with autumn things and took these photos. I haven't shared many family photos! MY BAD! That is our son, Hal, with his girlfriend, Claudia (the parents-to-be!). That's my husband with James, our daughter's boy friend, digging into the steak and chicken! A couple of scarecrows were hanging around, too! It was so nice to eat outside now that the nighttime temperatures are down below 80 degrees!


1 comment:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Nice you can get them all together. It is hard with grown children. I manage to get my adult children all together in one place about twice a year, it sure is fun.