Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Book tag


Okay, so I'm bored. Every morning I get up, make coffee, and eat my low-sugar cereal with SILK. So, this morning, as I'm going through my daily blog journey, I come across book tag on The 7MSN blog and I followed it to the gal who posted an open call for book tag, http://aglowingember.blogspot.com/2008/10/book-tag-plum-island.html

So, here goes: Page 56 of The Horses of Proud Spirit by Melanie Sue Bowles(the closest book)...

"I silently hoped the gray was still alive. Without hesitation I told her I would join her. While Kera backed her trailer in and exchanged money and papers with the man, I walked out back to see if the gray was still there. He was, and in fact it looked like he had not moved an inch. This time I walked out to the fence line."

I'm re-reading this book to get a closer insight into what might be going on in Gigondas' mind. Since we have no history about her, we don't know where she came from or how she was treated, but apparently she wasn't treated well. I also have Melanie's newer book, Hoof Prints, which I started reading this summer, but I haven't finished it yet. I LOVE her books. So, I guess I'll post an "open call" for a book tag also! Anyone reading this can post a book tag!

No comments: