Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, October 31, 2008

desert morning









Sometimes desert mornings are absolutely gorgeous, like this crisp and clear one a couple of years ago. I used to wake up at 4:30 on the weekends (no sleeping in for this gal!) and go clean up 10 pens at the place where I used to board Sunni. THEY liked to sleep in, and it helped me get used to horses! Anyway, these were a couple of early morning pics I took one morning. Can you see my car's shadow on one of them? That's Sunni in their round pen. He was only 2 when I took that photo.

No comments: