Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

More silly horse fun!














I tell 'ya, these horses are so funny! They really seem to enjoy life! Especially the mustang babies (now 2 year olds)! They are intelligent and curious! These photos were taken last spring, when they still had their winter coats. I noticed yesterday that they were starting to get their winter coats again. Scout had dapples yesterday, but during the winter months, she will turn almost white.

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I want a traffic cone to play with. We have them in the arena, the DOR uses them to ride patterns with. I think I will carry on back to the pasture the next time we go riding.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! They're playing Cone Tag!

Is that Scout laughing out loud in that one photo? heheh!

And I must admit, listening to Enya while reading your blog and seeing your beautiful horses is so relaxing :)

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love the shot with the cone! Very cute.

restoration42 said...

It is always so nice to see happy horses in a herd, enjoying life and each others' company. What a bunch of sweet sillies :)