Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

stomach flu AGAIN!




Well, I've been hit with the stomach flu AGAIN! I wasn't feeling well yesterday when I drove up to see the horses and by the time I got up there, I was shaking. Hmmmm....best not to do anything with them under the circumstances. So, I fixed them a treat of shredded beet pulp (soaked) and turned around and drove home. Good thing because I spent the afternoon inside! Hubby offered to drive up later this afternoon and help me (with 5 horses, on the weekends he works, I try to work them 2 on one day and 3 on the other, which is a LOT when you are sick!). So, sorry for the short post! Hubby said he had it Friday. GREAT! Also, being a teacher, I seem to get whatever the kids have. So, now that I have absolutely NOTHING in my stomach, I'm ready for breakfast! These guys were my company yesterday afternoon! Oh, and Ripley and Atticus! Aren't these two funny? They've been together now for 5 years and are great "buds". Loki, the cat, has "trained" two German Shepherds now!

No comments: