Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beauty on the move!





























I'm counting on Beauty to be my riding horse. She is very calm, collected, and thoughtful. But, Saturday, when I let her out in the arena, she was all ENERGY! Whoosh! I let her go and she ran off! She ran and ran! She even ran into the gate! YES! I need to buy a new chain and lock for it as soon as I go back up the mountain. Luckily she wasn't hurt! Anyway, these are some pics of my "nice, calm" riding horse!

6 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

So exciting...all that movement! She'd be a pretty good barrel horse! lol!

I love your new top banner photo. :)

~Lisa

Danielle Michelle said...

She's so pretty!

Cheryl Ann said...

Yeah, isn't she gorgeous? And, to think she was on a dirty, disease-ridden, filthy feedlot!!! POOR BABY! She is the most calm and patient horse!~I dearly love her! She and Gigondas had "feedlot crud" on their tummies and it took quite a few baths to get it off! And, a few months!!!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Awww, she just looks like she's having a good time, Mom.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I am here to ask you to help bunches and bunches of us blog for peace. It is an important part of my campaign for President.

http://journeysofcactusjack.blogspot.com/

I do so hope you have time it's a wonderful project.

Hugs:-)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful action she has! But i love her head - the blaze really highlights how cute it is.