Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gigo gets around!






















Of all our horses, Gigondas seems to exhibit the most exuberance for life! Maybe it's because she's a thoroughbred? Anyway, she just LOVES to get down to the arena and RUN and play "nosey-nosey" with the other horses as they look down on her from their pens above the arena! Here she is on Saturday, enjoying her outing in the arena! I will drive up Saturday morning and Sunday morning, as hubby is working this weekend (AGAIN!)...I work 2 horses a day. That's all I can do right now, with my back still in physical therapy. I never did get the tack room cleaned out last weekend...maybe hubby and I can drive up Friday afternoon and he can help....????????

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Love all that exhuberance! Happy horse! :)

I hope your back gets better soon so you can ride soon :)

~Lisa

ps, my word verification made me laugh: 'fully mix'.

What should I fully mix, eh?
lol!