Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Look who's here to greet me!

No horse news this week.  I came down with the flu and my bronchitis kicked in yesterday and I spent the entire day on the couch.  I drank hot tea with lemon and even made some thyme tea (I added Manuka honey to that).  My fever broke and today I feel better and I can BREATHE!  I also put a compress of hot onions on my chest...don't know if it was that or the hot chicken soup with rice that hubby bought, but today I can breathe!  And, my chest isn't rattling and I'm not wheezing!  Anyway, we have this fence between us and our neighbor to the west.  I feed the birds on the cross beams and this little guy was waiting for me one afternoon.  I'd taken my camera with me that day, so I was able to get this photo of him.  Unfortunately, we have a Cooper's hawk now in the neighborhood and Friday I came home to feathers all over the yard!  Well, the hawk has to eat, too...I just wish he wouldn't devour my doves!  I'm fairly certain he also got my scrub jay, who has been gone now for 3 weeks.  I miss his chatter.  I really enjoy scrub jays and we have them 10 minutes away in our local mountains and they are also up at the ranch.

No comments: