Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm going to be a grandma any day now!!! :-)





Our daughter, who is 8 months pregnant, has been having lower back pains.  Her dad drove her to urgent care Friday afternoon and she left her school (she's a middle school band teacher).  She went to the hospital Saturday because the pains were worse.  Turns out little Ellie (her soon-to-be daughter) is shifting positing and getting ready to ... EMERGE!  Ooops~  She really isn't due until April 1st, so this would be 4 weeks early!  ACK!  Jennifer also went to her doctor yesterday and was ordered HOME for complete bed rest for the rest of the week....biting nails...Apparently little Ellie is ready to come into our world!  I told her I'd stop by her house and sit with her every afternoon right after school, since her house is right on my way home and I'm only 10 minutes away (actually more like 8...) in case she needs help or her water breaks.  Her husband works in Palm Springs, which is a good 30-40 minutes away.  She returns to her doctor on Thursday for another checkup.  Neither one of my two children were early, but, then, I had 2 C-sections and I never went into labor.  So, we'll see...I will keep you posted!  My spring break is the last week of March, so I imagine I'll be pretty busy with a granddaughter by then!   :-)  Photos are from her baby shower, February 17, 2013, which was 120 years from my grandmother's date of birth!  I'm sure Grandma was there with us, enjoying the party!!!  :-)  This will be my second grandchild, first granddaughter!

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congratulations on the future granddaughter. My kids were both born exactly one week after their due date. Sometimes I wonder if a combination of the mother's body and the baby's personality decide when it will be born, if there isn't a medical problem involved. Maybe your granddaughter is an extrovert and can't wait to explore the world.