Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Another storm is on its way~SkyWatch Friday~020813

I took this photo last Friday afternoon, after school.  I was out driving around and I was about halfway up to the Santa Rosa mountain visitor center when I spotted these unusual-looking clouds.  Another storm is coming our way tomorrow and will be here over the weekend, with rain forecast for both Friday and Saturday and snow down to 2,500 feet!  Oh, what fun!  I haven't really been in the snow in our local mountains yet this year!   :-)  SkyWatch Friday for February 8, 2013.   To visit SWF, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Jim said...

Terrific sky.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Anonymous said...

Great clouds, we sure had some strange ones over the week here in So Cal.
By now the snow has begun up your way since we have had hail and thunder out in Corona this morning!