Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Spring is coming to the desert~Orange you Glad it's Friday~021513

Yes, I'm GLAD it's FRIDAY!  Yesterday was Valentine's Day at school (AND my birthday), so it was pretty hectic.  I must say, however, that the kiddos were well behaved and all went well!  Phew!  It was an exhausting day, though, and I fell asleep in the middle of one of our taped TV shows last night, about 7:30 p.m.!!!  Anyway, SPRING is coming to the desert.  That has its good and bad points.  A good point is that, for the next week, we'll have nice, warm temperatures (in the 80's today, then down to the mid 70's).  No more of that "cold stuff"!  The bad thing is that if we have an early spring, then we get an early summer, and that means we have to start using our...AIR CONDITIONER!  ACK!  I'm NOT looking forward to that!  As desert residents, we get a break on our bills from mid-June to mid-September.  However, if we have to use it before or after those dates, Southern California Edison REALLY socks it to you!   :-(  This acacia blossom is on my acacia which is right next to our side fence and driveway.  I'll take more photos of it this weekend, but the blossoms are already out.  Now, I'm just hoping we DO NOT get a hard frost!  OYGIF for February 15, 2013.  To visit Orange you Glad it's Friday, please go to:   http://www.hoodphotography.com/2013/02/orange-you-glad-its-friday-26.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Great photo! ^_^

Lmkazmierczak said...

Lovely sign of spring....it's all frozen water in the ditches and lawns and creeks here in Chicagoland...Happy Week-end♥ My Orange effort: http://lore-eleven.blogspot.com/2013/02/winsome-weeds.html

Barb said...

Happy birthday, Cheryl. Hope its a good one.

maria said...

Gorgeous!

Japanese Mochi