Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Scout and Cali baby pics!!!!








I was going through my archives this morning and I found these photos of Scout and Cali, as babies.  I'm sure I posted these back in 2009, but that was a long time ago!  These photos were taken when they first arrived in California from Wyoming.  They were halter-broke at a prison facility there and then put up on a BLM online adoption.  Hubby bid on them and won and then contacted another two gals, both rangers up at Yosemite National Park, to bring them down to us in Lancaster (when we were boarding our horses there) on their stock trailer.  They had bid on two horses, the sister to Scout, and the brother to Cali!  That way, we all got our horses and they got some extra money for hauling Scout and Cali to us.  We actually went up and visited them in Mariposa, CA one time!  Aren't they adorable?  And, look how fuzzy they were!  And, look how light Scout was!  She now has her winter coat and it is DARK!  Yes, that's me feeding our other horses and then introducing Beauty to Scout and Cali.  She was always very patient with them!  They were yearlings when they came to Southern California from Wyoming.