Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Roses in the park




I frequently head over to our neighborhood civic center park and walk among the rose bushes there, since I CANNOT grow any roses myself.  I've tried.  And tried.  And tried again.  I've tried bareroot, I've tried roses in cans...I CANNOT grow a single rose...sigh...So, off to the park I go and admire theirs!  My neighbor next to me has beautiful roses, but every single rose I've planted over the last 35 years has died.  I finally just gave up and I've accepted my fate as a roseless yard.  I just go enjoy somebody else's roses, like these.  Aren't they beautiful?

No comments: