Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Fence and porch~Friday Fences~111811


I found this fence and porch while driving around Garner Valley, which is near the top of the Santa Rosa mountains.  It isn't far from where my cousin Valerie lives.  I like this little community because it has interesting houses and fences and it's very friendly.  In this little working-class community, people are down to earth.  I always try to drive through it on my way to the horse ranch each weekend.  Hubby and I will have the grandson on Saturday and I think we'll take him to the Living Desert Reserve to see the trains.  They have a nice, large exhibition of running toy trains there which is maintained by the local railroad enthusiast club and considering that both hubby's father and grandfather worked for the railroads in Pennsylvania, you'd THINK he would be there every weekend. Friday Fences for November 18, 2011. To see more Friday Fences, please go to:  http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Love Love white picket fences...they convey warmth! Thanks for playing FF and enjoy the trains this weekend!

Rose said...

My granddaughter would love the trains....and I like that white picket fence!

Faye said...

I live in a little blue collar neighborhood and wouldn't want to be any place else. As in this photo, people take care of their homes and yards and try to make things look pretty. And nothing says neighborly like a porch. Enjoy your weekend with the grandboy!

Bridget Larsen said...

Love picket fences and that picture is such a dream to look at with the blue of the house, white of the fence, red spying through the gorgeous green leaves
Bridget #2