Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gigo's progress


I'm very pleased with the progress that all the horses have made with my trainer.  Gigo has come a long way and it's good to see her trusting Maia.  She also seems to enjoy being with me more, too, and that's REAL progress!  She's never done anything bad~never kicked, never nipped. But, to actually see her relate to another human is a big step for her.  Maia can now brush her face all over and she actually enjoys being groomed.  She let out some real big sighs.  Here are some of the photos I took of Gigo and Maia, my trainer, on Tuesday, during her lesson.  She got some free time in the arena and didn't run, but calmly walked off to eat weeds! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice to see such good progress!