Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

next week~~

Next week, I have the WHOLE week off.  Of course, two of the days are furlough days, which means I don't get paid, but I NEED a break!  It's been a LONG 13 weeks of school and I'm ready for some "horse time"!  As some of you know, I have a rough group this year.  I also have 29 kiddos and I believe that at least 8 of them are either ADD or ADHD.  I've filled out the paperwork for them to receive extra services.  However, a 2/3 combo is needed, so I volunteered....(smacking hand on head...) I would lose 9 kids and get in 9 second graders.  It MIGHT help to calm down the class (...crossing fingers....)Hubby and I were going to drive over to Arizona for 3 days, but, after talking last night, we decided to stay home.  MORE HORSE TIME for me!  Plus, I need to rent a rug cleaner and do all our carpets.  Our older German Shepherd has...well, a leaking problem.  He doesn't mean to, but he sometimes dribbles.  He's a really nice, mellow, kind-hearted dog and I hate to leave him outdoors at night as it has been cold here and he doesn't have much hair.  So, I let him pretty much take over my blogging chair and at some point, I'm going to need to toss the chair...So, we'll stay home, I'll rent a rug shampooer one day, visit the horses, go up for a lesson with them on Tuesday, and then we'll stuff ourselves silly on Thursday.  Oh, and regarding my walking...I've already dropped a size!  My pants are all now loose and I can see a visible difference.  Whoo, whoo!!!!  I don't eat any snacks anymore and I eat smaller portions. So, it looks like next week will be a busy one at home and with the horses! Photo taken on my favorite side road up in the pinyon forest of our local mountains.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Sounds like you really do need that time! Have a nice one, while you can ;)