Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Morning walk~Desert Yellow~Mellow Yellow Monday~112111


I've been doing my morning walk faithfully before school each morning.  However, I'm off school for this entire week (complete with two furlough days...sigh...) and I probably won't drive out that way.  It's right on my way to school, but since I'm home, I think I'll walk instead up at the Santa Rosa mountain visitor center.  It isn't as long a walk and I won't have the beautiful views of the valley, but it is closer to my home in the desert.  Our mountains did get additional snow last night and we got some rain here in the desert, so I'm anxious to get out this morning and see the views.  Enjoy your day, too! Desert yellows and Mellow Yellow Monday for November 21, 2011.  To visit MYM, please go to:  http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

lisa said...

Those are some awesome shots!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

That looks like a really pleasant, peaceful place, and good for you for walking every morning. I jogged with a dog at the animal shelter this afternoon, and that about sums up my past month of exercise.

cassandrasminicorner said...

What a beautiful and traffic free street:)

Visiting for MYM! Hope you can visit me too:)

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2011/11/mellow-yellow-monday-148-spongebob-mug-set.html