Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Barbed wire and Sierras~Friday Fences~11/11/11

I was so busy taking photos of the Sierras that I finally focused on the barbed wire fence, which I was trying to avoid!  Hmmmm....interesting, eh?  Photo taken in Lone Pine, CA on our way home after spending 2 nights up in Mammoth Lakes last weekend.  I'll be heading up to the horses today. To visit Friday Fences, please go to:  http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/2011/11/fridays-fences-7.html

10 comments:

RoeH said...

In all my life of living in the west, I've really never seen much of the Sierras. I was in Truckee once but it was a very fast once. I wanted to stop at the Donner place and when we finally got there it was 4:10 in the afternoon. They closed at 4:00 and WOULD NOT OPEN THE DOOR for someone who would probably never pass that way again.

BooooHisssssss to those in charge of the door.

Donna said...

I understand completely - I didn't want barbed wire in my shots. But now I do. This is fine shot. The Sierras are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS... that's a really neat shot w/t he focus on the fence & the tree framing the shot! =)

Judy said...

Great shot! I love the mountains in the background, and the barbed wire in the foreground...

Rose said...

I would have a hard time focusing in on the barbed wire with that background, too.

Time Stand Still

Faye said...

Even a rough barbed wire fence benefits from such a background. Just how far away were those snowy mountains from your photography place?

Buttons Thoughts said...

The barbed wire is pretty but the view is spectacular. I am so happy to see this. Great shot. B

Jan n Jer said...

The beautiful snow covered mountains make the wire fence really stand out! Great shot!!!

dr momi said...

Love the barbed wire in there! Beautiful.

Bridget Larsen said...

Until I played Friday Fences I never knew there were so many interesting fences around the place
Bridget #22