Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Tortilla Flats

Tortilla Flats is an interesting place! We loved the gift shop there and spent some time wandering up and down the aisles. And, look what's hanging outside of the stable! HA! Next time we are in the Superstition Mountains, we'll take the 22 mile dirt road out to Roosevelt Lake, but we turned around this trip as it was late afternoon and I was slowly getting dehydrated! We drove back to the little store outside of the state park and I chugged down a bottle of Gatorade, but it wasn't enough. I'll also pack some Gatorade in our insulated bag next time so that I don't get dehydrated again!

2 comments:

lisa said...

I know how you feel, we don't go to far withou having water with us either! Take care.

Cheryl Ann said...

Note to self: DRINK PLENTY OF WATER and/or Gatorade to prevent dehydration!!! I'm still woozy today!