Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mikey~This one is for YOU!!! Arizona Rattlesnakes


Hubby and I drove from Scottsdale to Payson, then up to the Mogollon Rim today. We stopped at our favorite ranger station at the Mogollon Rim and I saw this huge poster of Arizona rattlesnakes, so I just HAD to take a photo of it for Mikey! And, as I went tromping through the weeds and grasses today in my TENNIS SHOES (ACK!), I listened carefully, but didn't see a single rattlesnake all day. Oh, wait...no, we did see one that attempted to cross the road in the afternoon, but it was already dead by the time we arrived and I had 8 cars behind me, so I just went around it...poor thing! Anyway, Mikey, this post is for you!

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Thank you so much! That is a neat poster!