Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Brush, brush, brush!!!





Oh, my goodness! I FINALLY got up to the ranch today and the horses are all shedding. Massively! I patted Gigondas and tons of hair came off! And, by Friday, here in the desert, it will be 100 degrees, which probably means 80 up in the mountains! ACK! I need to go back tomorrow and brush, brush, brush them all! Only 14 more days of school and I am OFF for the summer! That means HORSE TIME!!! FINALLY!!!! You know, it is frustrating to be so darned tired after school that I can't drive up and spend time with the herd! But truth is...I'm so exhausted after school that I literally do NOT have the energy to battle that darn mountain road! Too many accidents up there...But, with only 14 more school days, summer will be here soon and I'll have all the time I want to be with the horses! :-) Here are some pics from today's visit! That's Gigondas coming over to me for scratches and a good brushing!

No comments: